Sunday, May 26, 2013

My Top 8

    Miss Nebraska is one week away! In one week I get to see all of my sister queens again as we meet in North Platte for Opening Ceremonies; In less than two weeks, we will narrow the contestant pool from 16 to the top 8, 5, and our New Miss Nebraska. In honor, I decided to post about my own Top 8 - 8 of the most memorable events I have done this year (in no particular order ;) ). This has been such an incredible year with so many amazing opportunities that it was extremely difficult to pick just 8 favorites, but some certainly stood out for one reason or another. Enjoy the list!
            - Reason for the Reign
              As a Miss Nebraska Contestant and a teacher, the Children's Miracle Network is an
              organization that is very close to my heart. My visit to the Children's Hospital in Omaha
              was incredible because I got to spend the afternoon with some of my good friends, but
               also because I got to spend time with the children we spend our reign working for. It truly
               was inspiring working with the kids and getting to know one special guest, Carly!
            - Dancing Through the Decades and Polar Plunging
              If you want to know true kindness, check out my experience at the Decades Dance hosted
              by Metro Regional Program for Students Who Are Deaf and Hard of Hearing! I have never
               been in a group that was more kind, accepting, and fun before. This event constantly
               renews my energies in my work with my platform!
            - Every Little Girl's Dream
               Nearly every little girl wants to be a princess, but the Princess for a Day fundraiser provided
               a unique opportunity to teach little girls what it really means to be a "princess" in terms of
               the 4 S's of the Miss America Crown!
            - Truly Special
               The Special Olympics health screenings was probably one of my favorite events. I love
                doing volunteer work with the Special Olympics, but this provided an opportunity to
                spend time with the athletes and make a difference in their lives - while playing sports and
                while doing every day activities!
            - Signing Dr. Seuss
              I love to read, but the Social Saturday Reading Event made reading even more exciting
              (and accessible) when we read and signed a Dr. Seuss book. I would love to do more
              signing sessions at schools so students can get exposure to signing.
            - Kids Carnival
               I couldn't imagine a better way to spend a Friday night than hanging out with family and
               getting sprayed in the Spray Tank by little kids! This was a unique and fun experience
               as Miss Kool-Aid Days!
            - Dancing Through the Decade and Polar Plunging
               I am convinced the Polar Plunge is one of the worst and the best events that I do as a
               titleholder! It's a full morning of freezing, but there is no adrenaline rush like running into
                ice cold water with many other compassionate individuals waiting to follow your lead!
            - Flapper Flashback
               One lifelong dream has come true (having the ability to compete for the title of Miss
               Nebraska), but this event made it possible to accomplish another dream - going back to
               the 1920's! I was incredibly honored to model an original 1920's flapper dress in a fashion
               show raising money for the Douglas County Historical Society!

No comments:

Post a Comment