Monday, May 20, 2013

Kids Carnival

    Sometimes I see an opportunity and I think "That would be a great once in a lifetime opportunity." Recently, I thought it would be a great experience to volunteer to sit in a dunk tank at the Holling Heights School Carnival for my sister, one of the PTA parents.
    I arrived early to walk around, talk, help with games, and take pictures before my appearance in the dunk tank. It is always great to meet kids, families, and volunteers at events like this and it was an absolutely beautiful night! I even ran into a young man wearing a Kool-Aid shirt who kindly agreed to take a picture with me.
Nebraska - the true windy city!
   They also knew the way to my heart - a shaved ice truck! It was a perfect sweet treat on a warm summer night!
    Finally it was time for the dunk tank - although it wasn't a traditional dunk tank. Instead, it was more of a spray tank, which ended up being extremely fun! Whether you are plunging or being sprayed, it is still an adrenaline rush waiting for the water to pour over you while kids continually drill the target with baseballs.
I took over for the Principal!
Waiting to get sprayed!
   The kids made it more fun as they threw, bantered with me, and begged me to splash them with water. I even ended up staying 20 minutes after the carnival ended so the kids could continue to play the dunk tank!
Action Shot!
   Overall, I had a fantastic evening and I even got to enjoy time with my sister and my nieces!
My amazing sister!
My niece (Lily) and her friend!
My niece Elena!
My rockstar niece Allison!

No comments:

Post a Comment