Saturday, March 9, 2013

HLAA

     When I entered the Miss Kool-Aid Days competition, I had plans of working with the Hearing Loss Association of America and during interview I even had to admit that I had not yet researched the Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing but that I planned to.
     Soon after winning my title I met with Pete Seiler and began working with the Nebraska Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing where I was able to connect with several other groups for hearing impaired individuals. It was only within the past few weeks when I was looking to connect with ENT doctors that I discovered the contact information for the local Hearing Loss Association of America.
     I sent an email to the vice-president and within a week we had arranged a meeting! So this past Thursday Diane Muelleman and I decided to meet at Panera to have lunch and discuss HLAA.
     I am incredibly thankful that Diane was willing to take some time and talk with me. While the current group mostly serves as a support group, Diane welcomed my desire to attend meetings, build the group up, and attempt to expand and work for hearing loss issues across the state, especially in the West. We discussed some important issues when it comes to hearing health and discussed some things to do that could benefit the hearing impaired people in our state.
     Diane also agreed to work with me as I advance in my work in relation to hearing loss and to help me make a difference when it comes to hearing loss in Nebraska!
     I am so excited to expand my work with my platform and to better enable myself to truly make a difference when it comes to hearing loss in our great state and I couldn't be more excited to do it with all of the wonderful individuals I have met by my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment