Saturday, March 9, 2013

Family Fun Center XL

     Today was my first visit to Family Fun Center at it's brand new location. It is now called Family Fun Center XL; the fun really was "extra large" as the new title suggests, but it was more the company I got to enjoy than the actual games that really made it fun.
     After a week in which I felt unreasonably tired most days, it was great to be able to forget about any worries and responsibilities and just enjoy time having fun with great people!
     When we got to Family Fun Center, everyone pretty much spread out and had the opportunity to explore the facilities on their own with two hours of free game play. I spent a little time walking around and supervising as the kids played and got their own chance to relax without worries. A few weeks ago I met Jorge (the bowling pro) at another outing, well today I got the opportunity to meet and hang out with his brother - and he was the biggest sweetheart!
Ready for a round of mini-golf!

     We started out playing mini-golf. I would get really excited for him when he made a good shot and when he got his ball in the hole, clapping and cheering. I noticed about three holes into the game that he would look up at me with a huge smile on his face to see my reaction when he did something well! The afternoon continued in this way even as we moved on to arm wrestling, basketball, action games, racing, and even Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros - he would do something he was excited about, look at me or poke me, and smile  a big wide smile, it was perhaps one of the most heart-warming things possible!
Self Picture - tag team arm wrestling against the machine! :)

     To say the least, I was disappointed when it was time to go home, but I do feel fortunate that I was able to spend the afternoon with him and the rest of the students at this outing!
     I'm already looking forward to the next outing with these wonderful kids - they always make my day better and I hope I can do the same for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment