Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Bowling and Beauty Queens

     I only recently crowned my successor, Charissa Hauge as Miss Heartland and I was excited when she organized a Queen Team for a Children's Miracle Network Bowl-a-thon! Charissa, Kaylee Carlberg (Miss Gering), Mariah Cook (our lovely Miss Nebraska), and myself arranged to meet at Maplewood Lanes in Omaha to bowl and support a good cause.

    The games started off a little rocky but with a late strike, Kaylee took the lead, leaving Mariah and Charissa to tie for second in the first game. The second game became incredibly serious when the organizers started a bet between the Queen team and a group of bowlers from SAC Federal Credit Union. Unfortunately these boys threw curve-balls resulting in strikes and spares nearly every time - we stood no chance!
 Our scores in the 9th frame...
The other teams (nearly equal) scores in the 4th frame...

    With a little friendly competition amongst our own team, I managed to pull ahead and win the second game! In all seriousness though, hanging out with the girls was amazing as we were able to share countless pageant stories, deep thoughts, and even some jokes throughout the day as we bowled!
It really is a sisterhood. I love these girls!
    
    The Miss Omaha pageant was also Saturday night and I was excited to take one of my baton students with me so she could see what the pageant was all about. We arrived about a half hour early and Miss Nebraska (Mariah) immediately flagged me down asking me to run her fundraiser for her for the night. I got to work selling ducks and mingling as people came in :)

    Before long it was pageant time and I was beyond excited. My niece had signed up to be a little sister in the pageant and I was anxious to see her perform! I also knew there were several phenomenal young women competing and that it would be a good show! While I had not expected the teen competition would be so tough, both the Miss and Teen contestants did exceptionally well with onstage questions, physical fitness, and talent and they looked stunning in evening wear.

     It was a close competition but I was so proud to see my old friend Jessica White and one of my amazing twirling sisters Aleah Peters take home the titles of Miss Omaha and Miss Douglas County! I was also extremely proud of my twirling sister Rachel Foehlinger who looked more beautiful than ever and who placed first runner up as well as my fellow sister queens Jessica Littlejohn (3rd runner up), Kalyssa Hoefer, Nicki Windham, and Chrissy Townsend (second runner up)!
Excited to share a year in the Miss Nebraska system with this beautiful lady!
I am so happy knowing Jess with be at state this year!
 
        I was exceptionally thrilled to see my niece as she rocked the stage during the little sister dance and looked beautiful during evening wear! I could not have been more proud of her!
The one on the left is one of our younger Stepperettes and the one on the right is my lovely niece! I was so excited the girls could attend - it was great seeing them shine on stage!


1 comment:

  1. Such a great write-up Kimmy!!! I will have to share this with Allison, she will feel special. You were right, all the ladies were lovely and did a great job - the judges had a hard job on their hands that night!!!! All the little sisters looked beautiful and did an awesome job. Great job to Kandis for getting these future pageant queens ready for the stage!!!

    ReplyDelete