Sunday, August 4, 2013

La Vista Dinosaurs

   Who would have guessed that dinosaurs migrate through the La Vista area and lay Dinosaur eggs each year? I certainly didn't know until I was invited to help kids hunt the eggs on July 18th. I learned that La Vista sees Watermelosaurus', Canteloposaurus', and Tootsie-Rollosaurus'!
    Before we went out to hunt, some of the volunteers shared corny dinosaur jokes and I got to read a book about dinosaurs! The kids unfortunately didn't find much humor in the dinosaur jokes and they were eager to go hunting, so we started the hunting pretty quickly!
   The kids started finding eggs almost immediately, but the strange thing was, they looked an awful lot like watermelons, cantaloupes, and Easter eggs filled with tootsie rolls!
   We went back with the kids and cut into the eggs. They were absolutely delicious! I personally enjoyed the Canteloposaurus eggs the best, but the kids really seemed to enjoy the Watermolosaurus and the Tootsie-Rollosaurus eggs the best!

   This was one of the most unique and fun events that I did all year and I want to thank the La Vista Recreation Department for allowing me to become a dinosaur egg hunter!

No comments:

Post a Comment