Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pancakes and Pineapple!

    
     This past Tuesday marked one of my FAVORITE fundraisers/appearances - Free Pancake Day! IHOP generously offers free pancakes to people all day in exchange for donations to the Children's Miracle Network - and who doesn't love free food?
     As a titleholder, Children's Miracle Network is an organization that is very close to my heart! Part of my service includes raising awareness of, and funds for, the organization. The IHOP fundraiser allows me (and all of the other wonderful titleholders) a chance to do just this, informing people about the organization and asking people to help us raise millions of dollars for sick children in our nation.
     This year I was able to work with my newest sister queen, Steffani Jiroux. It was a wonderful opportunity because I got to know Steffani a little better and we had a wonderful time chatting with guests and talking during down time! I cannot wait to get to know Steffani even better!

     Despite the cold and rain that swept over Omaha this last Saturday, I donned a short dress, strappy heels, a tropical lei, and a flower in my hair and I headed out to the Hilton downtown. The task was simple - attend the Rosie Rocks the Luau Fundraiser for the Rose Theater and work as a ring model.
 Table Decoration
 Part of the Auction
Aloha!
     In an effort to raise funds for the Rose Outreach Program and provide classes, residencies, workshops, and school field trips, the Rose ran a Luau which included a GIANT auction, dinner, dancing, and presentations. I was astonished by the auction.  While I have served at my fair share of silent and live auctions, the Rose had an entire hallway (and a half) packed with items. They had everything ranging from gift cards and toys to trips and a special Taylor Swift package! They also had a gorgeous custom design ring that they asked me to show off!

 14k rose gold, 91 champagne colored diamonds

     It really was an honor that they entrusted me with something so special and allowed me to show it off throughout the evening. As I did this, I was able to meet many of the party-goers and have some nice conversations.

     Not only did I get to learn about each of the attendees, but I was also able to talk to people about Nebraska's claim to fame, Kool-Aid and the festival that celebrates it. It always amazes me how many people know that Kool-Aid was invented in Nebraska, but many of them do not know about the festival! I couldn't be more happy to fill them in!

No comments:

Post a Comment