Monday, December 31, 2012

Cheers to a New Year!

     
       By 11:30 this morning, I strode out of Prairie Life Fitness in Omaha after finishing an appearance at a New Years Eve Bash. As I was walking out, one of the little girls I had spent the morning with stopped me. She calmly stated "we saw you coming in this morning and I said "this is a gym, lady! Not a mall!"
      Granted - I was a little overdressed for a morning at the gym, but not for ringing in the New Year (a little early) with a great group of kids!
      I was extremely blessed to begin the festivities at 9 o'clock this morning at Prairie Life Fitness.

      We began the morning by coloring New Years pictures and reading a story about New Years Resolutions. It was a lot of fun talking to the kids about New Years Resolutions - I even got to share mine and help them come up with their own resolutions! Many of those kids wanted to focus on being more helpful and eating more healthy food. I was extremely proud of them and I enjoyed seeing them start their work by helping each other and cleaning up all morning!
Helping Elaine with her banner :)

Helping some of the boys finish up

Adding Sparkle!

      Next we created 'Happy New Years' banners. It was a craft close to my heart because I got to work with the kids and it involved sparkles!
Cheers to a New Year!

      After playing a few games, we got ready for our New Years Eve countdown (at a reasonable time). The kids made edible New Years Hats out of ice cream cones, toasted a new year with sparkling juice, and then prepared for a countdown and balloon drop to celebrate the new year!

Ready to drop!

Our attempt at a self-portrait as more and more kids piled in :)

Addison

A new year calls for being a little silly :)

Happy New Year!

A (slightly) better self portrait :)

      The main thing I learned today is that you should never give 14 children noise makers unless you are totally prepared for the chaos that will ensue! But seriously, I am extremely fortunate that I got to begin my festivities ringing in the new year at a wonderful event with wonderful children! I can only hope they had as much fun as I did!
      I hope that 2013 is a year as wonderful as our morning New Years Celebration!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment